Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Grace

We have been reading the book "What's So Amazing About Grace?" by Philip Yancey
This has been an ongoing book study for us on Wednesday night thru the month of March. Last week, I went over what grace is about. This week, I just want to touch briefly on what grace IS NOT!
Grace is not:
-fair
-deserved
-earned

I hope that everyone discovers God's grace for you and the transforming power of that grace for your life and relationships.

John Newton is the writer of the song "Amazing Grace" This was probably composed between 1760 and 1770. The words define grace thru song.
Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound

Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Take a time out and listen to the words of this song! It is one of our favorites for nap time at our house.